Print and Go Back ESPN.com: Los Angeles Clippers [Print without images]

Saturday, February 4, 2012
Don't count Griffin out of dunk contest yet

By Dan Feldman

WASHINGTON -- Blake Griffin said Thursday he doesn’t plan to participate in the slam-dunk contest, which he won last year.

But one of his teammates isn’t convinced.

“I really don’t believe that Blake’s not going to be in it,” DeAndre Jordan said. “I think he’s just trying to get you guys. He’s probably going to surprise you.”

For Griffin’s part, he backtracked slightly from his statement Thursday, when he said, "As of right now I don't plan on being in it. Those dunk contests aren't my thing. I said that last year. There's a lot of guys that can put on a great show and do some good stuff."

Saturday, Griffin said, “I haven’t even been approached about it. So, as of right now, I have no idea. Right now, I’m just looking forward to the All-Star Game.”

Griffin was named a starter for this year’s All-Star Game, the first time he’s received the honor. The game will be played in Orlando, Fla., on Feb. 26.