McCourts meander toward ownership showdown
September, 14, 2011
Better late than never ...
- The McCourt hearing today was mostly a tablesetter, according to The Associated Press. Bill Shaikin of the Times adds that a trial in 2012 will settle the question of McCourt ownership between Frank and Jamie. The date for that trial is to be decided in November. While the team is in bankruptcy, it will not be sold, Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon said.
- Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic supplies some background to the Hong-Chih Kuo-Gerardo Parra spat.
- Roy Halladay, Clayton Kershaw's top rival for the Cy Young Award, shut out the Astros today.
- Dodger postgame radio host Joe Block speculates that Kershaw might win 300 games.
- An Arizona victory tonight would eliminate the Dodgers from the National League West race. And the NL wild card could be out of reach as soon as Thursday.