5-on-5 looks at Kobe, LeBron, and the lockout
September, 21, 2011
By Brian Kamenetzky
Andy and I participated in today's 5-on-5 feature at ESPN.com's NBA page, focusing on Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, two guys looking to make a point this year. Kobe that rumors of his decline -- and by extension his team's -- are exaggerated, while LeBron hopes to restore some of the credibility lost with his fourth-quarter letdowns in the Finals. Per the 5-on-5 formula, we (along with Tom Haberstroh and Michael Wallace of the Heat Index, and John Hollinger) addressed the following quintet of questions:
- Kobe or LeBron: Who would lose more from a canceled season?
- Kobe or LeBron: Who would gain more from a shortened season?
- Kobe or LeBron: Who means more to his team next season?
- Kobe or LeBron: Who has the better shot at being 2012 Finals MVP?
- Kobe or LeBron: Who should finish higher in #NBArank?