Westlake and Sierra Canyon capped their undefeated seasons with CIF championship and spots in the CIF state bowl games.
Westlake beat Oaks Christian in the Northern Division championship and will play Concord De La Salle in the CIF open division bowl game.
Sierra Canyon beat Paraclete in the East Valley Division championship and will play La Grand in the Division IV state bowl game.
Here is a look at the L.A. North top 10:
(1) Westlake (14-0) – The Warriors won their second CIF championship in the past three years, 49-42, over Oaks Christian. The two teams met in the Northern Division championship game for the second year in a row. Juniors Dashon Hunt and Justin Moore accounted for all seven of Westlake’s touchdowns.
(2) Oaks Christian (11-3) – The Lions lost to Westlake in the Northern Division championship game. Two of Oaks Christian’s losses came against Westlake. Oaks Christian receiver Francis Owusu caught three touchdown passes against Westlake, all in the first half.
(3) St. Bonaventure (10-3) – The Seraphs lost to Oaks Christian in the Northern Division semfinals.
(5) Sierra Canyon (14-0) – The Trailblazers beat Paraclete, 47-14, in the East Valley Division championship to win their first CIF football title. Xavier Menifield scored five touchdowns, four rushing and one receiving, in the one-sided game. They will play La Grand, the Sac-Joaquin Division 5 champions, in the CIF state bowl Division IV state bowl game.
(4) Chaminade (10-3) – The Eagles lost to Arroyo Grande in the Western Division semifinals.
(6) Ventura (11-1) – The Cougars lost to Santa Monica in the quarterfinals of the Western Division playoffs.
(7) Thousand Oaks (8-5) – The Lancers lost to Westlake in the Northern Division semifinals.
(8) Highland (9-2) – The Bulldogs lost to Oaks Christian in the quarterfinals of the Northern Division playoffs.
(9) Alemany (8-3) – The Warriors lost to St. John Bosco in the first round of the Pac-5 Division playoffs.
(10) Paraclete (11-3) – The Spirits lost to Sierra Canyon in the East Valley Division championship game. Paraclete’s Ryan Davis scored two touchdowns in his final high school.