A big upset in the Southwestern League last week, as Vista Murrieta took down previously-No. 2 Murrieta Valley in a cross-town showdown. Other than another unpredictable week in the Big VIII League, the rest of the top teams kept on winning.
1. (1) Etiwanda, 19-1: The Eagles had their easiest week of the season, blowing out Los Osos and Alta Loma in Baseline League games. Dominick Alexander, a 5-11 sophomore guard, took advantage of the extra minutes and scored a career-high 14 points Friday against Alta Loma. Next: Tuesday @ Rancho Cucamonga.
2. (4) Eisenhower, 12-6: The Eagles trailed in the third quarter Wednesday against Redlands East Valley but pulled away in the second half to win their 35th consecutive league game, 60-49. They made it 36 in a row with a win Friday against Redlands. Next: Wednesday @ Fontana.
3. (5) Summit, 15-6: The SkyHawks clung to a five-point lead at the half Friday night against Kaiser, but opened it up by outscoring the Cats, 18-13, in the third quarter of the Sunkist League game. Devon Alexander finished with 20 points in the 66-52 win. Next: Wednesday vs. Patriot.
4. (3) Elsinore, 17-3: The Tigers lost to Leuzinger of Lawndale in a Martin Luther King Day Shootout at St. Bernard High in Playa del Rey, but won the games that counted Wednesday at Perris and Thursday against visiting Heritage. Next: Monday @ Aliso Niguel.
5. (2) Murrieta Valley, 17-2: The Nighthawks fell Thursday night in the biggest upset of the season involving I.E. teams. Murrieta Valley gave up 27 points to Vista Murrieta forward Davin Guinn and lost, 60-47, in the Southwestern League game. Next: Tuesday @ Chaparral.
6. (6) Rancho Verde, 16-4: The Mustangs already own a two-game lead in the Inland Valley League after toppling Moreno Valley, 66-44, and Ramona, 76-39, last week. Next: Tuesday vs. Vista del Lago.
7. (7) Cajon, 15-6: The Cowboys met one of their preseason goals Thursday night, knocking off defending San Andreas League champion San Bernardino, 65-58. Next: Tuesday @ San Gorgonio.
8. (8) J.W. North, 16-4: The Huskies maintained their one-game lead in the Big VIII League with victories last week against Corona (64-60) and Norco (53-35). Next: Friday vs. Corona Centennial.
9. (9) Palm Desert, 14-3: After the key victory against Palm Springs last week, the Aztecs didn’t let their momentum ease, beating Cathedral City (91-69) and La Quinta (57-46) in Desert Valley League play Next: Monday @ Indio.
10. (NR) Riverside King, 15-5: The Wolves are in second place in the Big VIII League all by themselves after defeating Corona Santiago (77-62) and Corona Centennial (88-63). Next: Thursday @ Corona.
Dropped out: Corona Santiago.
Just missed: Vista Murrieta (11-8), Corona (13-7), Colony (13-6), Montclair (17-2), Chino Hills (13-6), Don Lugo (14-5), Silverado (16-2), Upland (13-6).