1. Mater Dei (19-2) — A 32-11 start in the first quarter held off Trinity League unbeaten St. John Bosco as Xavier Johnson and Katin Reinhardt scored 23 and 22, respectively. Next: at Orange Lutheran, Wednesday.
2. Capistrano Valley (20-2) — Point guard Nick Thomas is out with a knee injury but seasoned Cougars still beat El Toro behind Aleks Lipovic and a defense that shut down the Chargers for seven minutes. Next: at Trabuco Hills, Friday.
3. Mission Viejo (20-2) — Three of the Diablos' last five games have been decided by four points or fewer, the most recent an 80-76 victory over Aliso Niguel behind Sage Stone's 23 points. Next: vs. Tesoro, Friday.
4. JSerra (14-7) — Rebounded from four-point loss to St. John Bosco with wins over Servite and Cerritos Valley Christian. Next: vs. Santa Margarita, Wednesday.
5. Orange Lutheran (14-7) — Gabe York returned to lineup and averaged 25 points in three games; Lancers stopped the bleeding with two Trinity League wins but lost a marquee game to Loyola, 92-84. Next: vs. Mater Dei, Wednesday.
6. El Toro (18-6) — Despite Jordan Faison's foul trouble, the Chargers and Cody White (18 points) put up a game effort in 52-49 loss to Capo Valley. Next: at Trabuco Hills, Tuesday.
7. Anaheim Canyon (18-5) –Comanches won six in a row between losses to Foothill, the most recent an 82-71 setback that created a first-place tie in the Century League. Next: vs. Brea Olinda, Tuesday.
8. Ocean View (19-3) — Tied going into the fourth quarter against Westminster, the Sea Hawks kept rolling in the Golden West League behind Cristian Rivera in 60-53 win. Next: at Westminster, Wednesday.
9. Tustin (16-6) — Tillers continue to win with defense; in 80-53 victory over Yorba Linda, it was the most points allowed since Dec. 29—a span of eight games. Next: at Placentia Valencia, Monday.
10. Cypress (20-3) – Won twice ... The Centurions avenged three-point loss to Western with a 71-41 victory behind Jimmy Jackson's 24 points. Next: at La Palma Kennedy, Wednesday.