1. (1) Long Beach Poly, (16-0) - The engine keeps humming along as Poly stays on track. Maybe the Feb. 5 showdown against Las Vegas Bishop Gorman won't be a road block after all. Next up: vs. Long Beach Jordan, Wednesday; vs. Cabrillo, Friday.
2. (4) Westchester, (16-5) - Consider the message delivered. The Comets left Fairfax with a 27-point victory last week, eliminating any doubt about Western League supremacy. Next up: at Venice, Friday; vs. Palisades, Monday.
3. (2) Los Angeles Price, (13-5) - Price showed up at the Martin Luther King Jr. Showcase Monday, beating Elsinore 77-64. A big test from a small school awaits Saturday. Next up: vs. Mayfair, Wednesday; at La Verne Lutheran, Saturday.
4. (3) La Verne Lutheran, (9-3) - Winning the consolation part of the Bass Pro Shops Tournament of Champions (Missouri) bracket probably doesn't make up for a 60-59 loss to Nixa in the opener. Next up: La Sierra Academy, Tuesday; at Upland Christian, Thursday; vs. L.A. Price, Saturday.
5. (6) Compton, (11-8) - You can bet the Tarbabes have their Jan. 26 meeting at Poly circled on the calendar. Next up: at Lakewood, Wednesday; vs. Millikan, Friday.
6. (7) Damien, (16-1) - Coach Matt Dunn has probably drilled this into his players' minds, but we'll do it one more time, just in case: This week is, uh, important. Next up: vs. Charter Oak, Wednesday; at Ayala, Friday; vs. Mission Viejo at Azusa Pacific, Saturday.
7. (5) Fairfax, (10-5) - A loss to Westchester wasn't out of the question, losing by 27 was. But what is really sketchy about the Lions was the eight-point defeat to University a night later. Next up: at Palisades, Wednesday; vs. LACES, Friday; at Hamilton, Monday.
8. (8) St. John Bosco, (16-4) - What better way to climb in the rankings -- both in the CIF-SS polls and Trinity League -- than by beating the team at the top? Next up: at Orange Lutheran, Tuesday; vs. JSerra, Friday.
9. (9) Peninsula, (17-1) - The Panthers enter the week as the top-ranked team in Division 2A, ahead of Elsinore, Glendora and Gahr. Next up: at Palos Verdes, Tuesday; vs. Mira Costa, Friday.
10. (10) Inglewood, (13-5) - Only Harvard-Westlake and Encino Crespi are considered to be better in Division 3A, but the Ocean League promises to be competitive. Next up: at Culver City, Wednesday; vs. Beverly Hills, Friday.
Dropped out: None