- Blair Angulo, Reporter, WeAreSC.com
- 0 Shares
One last regular-season top 10 as we head into postseason play:
1. (1) Long Beach Poly, (24-1) – Despite a late-season loss to Las Vegas Bishop Gorman, Jackrabbits received the top seed in Division 1AA. Anything but a title would be disastrous. Next up: vs. Corona Santiago (14-13), Wednesday.
2. (2) Westchester, (23-6) – Barring an upset, the Comets are expected to land at Galen Center in early March. The road is a favorable one. Next up: vs. Gardena (5-18), Thursday.
3. (3) Peninsula, (25-1) – The Panthers needed overtime to dispose of Mira Costa last week, but there's no hotter team in Division 2A. Next up: vs. Fullerton Troy (11-15), Wednesday.
4. (4) L.A. Price, (19-6) – Price received the top seed in the Division 3AA bracket and now must live up to the lofty preseason expectations. Next up: vs. Ramona (15-11), Wednesday.
5. (5) La Verne Lutheran, (18-4) – The No. 4 seed in Division 3AA, Lutheran looks to replicate the magic that led them to Bakersfield last year. Next up: vs. Claremont (15-13), Wednesday.
6. (6) Damien, (23-3) – Losing by 11 at home to Chino Hills Ayala in the final week probably cost Spartans a higher seed in the Division 3A bracket. Next up: vs. Agoura (11-15), Wednesday.
7. (9) Inglewood, (20-5) - After surviving the Ocean League, the No. 3-seeded Sentinels are out to capture the Division 3A title. Next up: vs. Lawndale (10-16), Wednesday.
8. (8) Montebello, (25-3) - A dark horse in Division 1AA, Oilers didn't have the toughest schedule out there. A one-point loss to Alhambra Keppel on Tuesday added ammunition for the skeptics. Next up: vs. Redlands (18-7), Wednesday.
9. (7) Windward, (18-7) - Windward heads into the postseason having won 13 of 15. Wildcats are the No. 2 seed in Division 4AA. Next up: vs. Cathedral (9-15), Wednesday.
10. (10) Compton, (18-9) - Tarbabes happy to be far from the Moore League -- and more importantly, away from Long Beach Poly. Next up: vs. Canyon Springs (16-10), Wednesday.
Dropped out: None
Others to watch in the playoffs: Downey (25-2), Bonita (24-3), Mayfair (21-5), Glendora (21-6), Northview (21-6), Pasadena (20-6), Keppel (20-6), L.A. Washington (20-6), Gahr (19-7), St. John Bosco (19-7), Culver City (19-7), L.A. University (22-8), Crenshaw (18-8), Bishop Amat (18-8), Narbonne (18-8)
Blair Angulo covers preps and UCLA for ESPNLosAngeles.com. Follow him on Twitter.
1127dBlair Angulo and Tim Haddock