1. The short video clip above tells it all: Crenshaw jumped and danced all over the field at Jackie Robinson Stadium on Friday night. The Cougars trounced Dorsey, leading 34-0 after the first quarter. Soon it was 47-0. Crenshaw's big win was not enough for a No. 1 seeding in the City Section Division I playoffs, though. It comes as a surprise to some, namely coach Robert Garrett, who was sure his team had done enough. The Cougars will get a chance to prove it on the field.
2. Bishop Amat's bid for a perfect season ended Friday in Mission Hills. The Lancers fell behind 28-17 by halftime and could not catch up, falling 38-30 to Alemany. Despite the loss, Amat got the No. 4 seeding in the Pac-5 playoffs, edging out Moore League champion Long Beach Poly. That shows how good the Serra League was this season.
3. Lakewood swept top-seeded Harvard Westlake, 25-22, 25-20, 25-22, to pull off the improbable upset and move on in the Division I girls' volleyball playoffs on Thursday. The Lancers defeated Huntington Beach on Saturday and meet Redondo Union on Tuesday for the right to advance to the title game. Long Beach Poly and Los Alamitos match up in the other semifinal.
4. The Torrance girls' golf team will compete in the CIF State championships Tuesday at the Red Hill Country Club in Rancho Cucamonga. Torrance won the Southern California Regional title Wednesday -- its fifth in six years.
5. As expected, Azusa and West Covina received No. 1 seedings in the Mid-Valley and Southeast division playoffs, respectively. Both appear primed for championship run -- Azusa behind its defense, West Covina behind its wealth of running options.