Los Angeles Preps: Vincent Saucer
June, 6, 2011
By Tim Haddock | ESPNLosAngeles.com
- Simi Valley freshman Sarah Baxter won the 3,200 in the CIF State Track and Field championships at Buchanan High School in Clovis. Her time of 10:13 was the fourth-fastest time in the nation this year. She finished ahead of Rancho Bernardo’s Molly Grabill, in second, and Torrey Pines’ Alli Billmeyer in third. Harvard-Westlake’s Cami Chapus, who won the 1,600 in a personal-best time of 4:40.88, was ninth in the 3,200.
- The Oaks Christian boys 4-x-100 relay team set a school record and won the CIF State championship in 41.19 seconds. The team of Ronny Camacho, Ishmael Adams, Terry Johnson and Vincent Saucer won the first state relay championship in school history for Oaks Christian. Roosevelt was second in 42.18 seconds.
- The Canyon boys 4-x-100 relay team broke the Foothill League record at the CIF State Track and Field championships over the weekend. The team of Max Archuleta, Kenny Stone, Dominic Pennucci and Darius Rudolph ran the relay in 41.78 seconds in the preliminaries on Friday to set the Foothill League mark and qualify for the final race. The Canyon boys finished sixth in 42.18 seconds.
- Saugus runner Stephanie Bulder competed in two events at the CIF State Track and Field championships. She was sixth in the 1,600 and was 13th in the 3,200. Her time of 4:47.81 in the 1,600 was a personal best by six seconds. She was one of three runners from Saugus in the 3,200 race. Teammates Kaylin Mahoney finished 12th and Karis Frankian was 20th.
- Valencia’s Faith Anumba was the first athlete in school history to qualify in two events in the CIF State meet. She posted top-10 performances in the long jump and triple jump. She was seventh in the long jump and ninth in the triple jump.