Los Angeles Soccer: La Sierra
Kopf scored in the 46th, 54th and 90th minutes to lead the 24th-ranked Anteaters (13-3-2), who went 6-1-1 in Big West play to edge Long Beach State by a point. UC Irvine will be home Wednesday against UC Davis in a conference tournament semifinal.
UCLA transfer Natalia Ledezma added a goal and two assists for UCI, which scored three goals in the first 8½ minutes of the second half to turn a tight match into a rout.
Kopf's trio gives her 11 goals this season; Ledezma leads the Anteaters with 12.
UC Riverside closes its season at 8-9-2.
In other women's action:
- Nadia Link (Rowland Heights/Walnut HS) scored the go-ahead goal in the 79th minute, then sent in a cross for Jazz Strozier (Ventura/Buena HS and Ventura College) to finish just 39 seconds later as Long Beach State pulled out a 4-2 victory over visiting Pacific. Link scored twice, her 13th and 14th goals of the season, as the 49ers (13-5-1) finished second in the Big West; they will meet Cal State Northridge in a conference tournament opener Wednesday.
- Sydney Leroux's 14th goal of the season arrived nearly eight minutes into overtime, lifting No. 6 UCLA (14-1-2) to a 1-0 Pacific 12 Conference victory at Utah.
- Ashley Freyer tallied in the 59th minute as USC (7-12-0) toppled host Colorado in a Pac-12 game, the Women of Troy's fourth win in their last five games.
- Lynn Williams and Laura Cole (Whittier/La Habra HS) scored 4½ minutes apart late in the first half as No. 3 Pepperdine (14-1-4) bounced back from Friday's loss to Santa Clara with a 2-1 victory over Portland.
The Master's College improved to 5-0-0 and won its men's tournament title Saturday, edging Oakland's Holy Names in a showdown for the trophy.
Marcelo Silva converted an 84th-minute penalty kick to lift the Santa Clarita-based Mustangs, who went ahead when Fabrice Gautrat (Valencia/Hart HS) headed in a cross from Jorge Serrano (Sylmar/Sylmar HS and College of the Canyons) in the seventh minute. Henry Goh pulled Holy Names even in the 78th.
Biola (4-1-0), ranked 14th in NAIA, also won, bouncing back from its loss to Holy Names with a 3-1 win over Westminster (Utah). Carlos Ballesteros (Sun City/Paloma Valley HS), Joao Toscan and Daniel Chew (Lake Forest/El Toro HS) scored goals.
In other men's action:
- Matthew Howard (Temecula/Great Oak HS) scored and set up Jesus Ramos (Norco/Norco HS) as Fullerton's Hope International rallied to beat Whittier, 3-2.
- James Ross' goal seven minutes into overtime lifted Riverside's La Sierra past Occidental, 2-1.
- Anaheim's unaffiliated Bethesda Christian (5-0-0) won Soka University's Peace Cup in Aliso Viejo, toppling Rancho Palos Verdes' Marymount, 2-1, in the title game.
WOMEN: Defending champs top Cal Lu
Cal Lutheran was beaten for the first time this season, falling to defending NCAA Division III champion Hardin-Simmons in a tight clash in Abilene, Texas.
Austin Ricker and Courtney Cramer scored on each side of halftime to lead the 14th-ranked Cowgirls (2-1-0) to a 2-0 victory. No. 12 Cal Lutheran (3-1-0) was coming off a 10-0 rout of Texas Lutheran.
In other women's action:
- Kylee Nicassio (Alta Loma/Los Osos HS) tallied twice as Cal Baptist (3-1-0) crushed College of Idaho, 4-0.
- Traci Lopez's first-half goals gave Pomona-Pitzer (2-0-0) a 2-0 win over visiting Biola, the NCAA Division III Sagehens' second shutout over NAIA opposition.
- Kiri Christiansen scored both goals in Marymount's 2-0 win at Soka.