Saturday, November 19, 2011
Game-time updates: USC-Oregon
By Pedro Moura
EUGENE, Ore. -- We're about set to go here at Autzen Stadium for the Trojans' 5 p.m. PT game against Oregon. Here are a couple of last-minute things worthy of an update before kickoff:
- It's in the low 40's here, with a kickoff temperature of about 42 expected, per Weather.com. Chances of a rain or snow shower have decreased over the weekend, and it's now considered very likely it'll stay dry all game. It should be in the mid-30's by the time the fourth quarter comes around.
- Oregon is expected to sport what the Ducks call their "ninja" uniforms tonight, meaning everything is in black: helmets, jerseys, pants, socks, shoes and gloves. The Trojans were wearing their normal road uniforms in pregame warmups.
- USC receiver Robert Woods, who has been bothered by ankle and shoulder injuries the past few weeks, looked as good as possible in warmups. He looks like a great bet to start despite Lane Kiffin's comments questioning that possibility this week.
- Other players who missed time for the Trojans this week, left tackle Matt Kalil and defensive tackles Christian Tupou and DaJohn Harris, also appeared ready to play during warmups. It seems like USC took a bit of an NFL approach in getting them ready for this game.
- In attendance at Autzen are a number of prominent NBA players, no doubt connected to Oregon through Nike and Phil Knight. Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul all appeared on the field a half-hour before kickoff to much fanfare form the Ducks crowd. They'll stay on the Oregon sideline during the game.
Join us here on the USC Report on ESPNLA.com beginning just before game time as Mark Saxon and I keep you updated throughout the game in Trojans Live!, an interactive live chat where we provide updates on game action and answer any and all questions.