Monday, October 22, 2012
The USC 10: Week 8 rankings
By WeAreSC staff
Whenever a team wins 50-6, as USC did on Saturday, there are always plenty of standouts. Here are the 10 players who made the biggest impact on the Trojans' rout of Colorado.
Saturday's 50-6 win over Colorado was all about Matt Barkley and Robert Woods.
1. Matt Barkley: Setting the Pac-12 career touchdown mark -- and a single-game-completion-percentage record as well -- will earn Barkley the top spot once again.
2. Robert Woods: Barkley wasn’t the only record-breaker as Woods got into the action by setting the all-time USC receptions mark while also becoming the first Trojan to catch four touchdowns in one game.
3. T.J. McDonald: The USC defense is starting to receive the attention it deserves, and McDonald is the leader of that group.
4. Marqise Lee: Even on a night when Barkley and Woods got all the spotlight, Lee still had six catches for 103 yards and a touchdown.
5. Khaled Holmes: Holmes has been the constant blocking for Barkley on so many of those touchdowns.
6. Hayes Pullard: Pullard had one of his more active games, showing up all over the field with six tackles and a sack before being pulled early.
7. Drew McAllister: The senior who has battled through multiple injuries in his career had an interception in the end zone and a fumble recovery.
8. Anthony Sarao: Led the Trojans with nine tackles, taking advantage of the extended playing time.
9. Antwaun Woods: Check out this stat line from a reserve role -- six tackles, three tackles for loss and a sack.
10. Kevin Greene: Greene had his most productive outing as a Trojan with three tackles, two tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, two sacks and a fumble recovery.