ACC in the morning: BC loses Albright
September, 15, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Here we go Steelers, here we go! Shoot, sorry, wrong blog ...
- Boston College defensive end Alex Albright is out for the season with a neck injury, and defensive tackle Ron Brace has been dealing with back ailments. That doesn't bode well for the Eagles considering the front seven is the strength of this team.
- Georgia Tech might be able to do something special in the ACC this year if it would stop beating itself.
- Miami has a lot of receivers, but they're still trying to catch on.
- FSU coach Bobby Bowden is ready for Preston Parker to return.
- UVA is 1-2 and has been outscored 97-17 by FBS teams. Is Al Groh ready to make some lineup changes? They've certainly got a few things to work on.
- Clemson coach Tommy Bowden has a favorable schedule for his bruised team and inexperienced line. But apparently they've done enough to jump back into the AP top 25. What a joke. A top 10 team completely falls out of the rankings on Week 1, then earns its way back with wins over The Citadel and a woeful NC State team. Good to see Ohio State got the same treatment this week.
- Maryland appeared to put it all together against Cal, but can the Terps keep it up?