Posted by ESPN.com's Graham Watson
1. Carrying the WAC banner: For weeks, the talk has been about Fresno State and its ability to bust the BCS, but with the Bulldogs out of the race, Boise State is the remaining undefeated WAC team and the conference's best hope for a three-peat.
2. Carolina on my mind: East Carolina dealt with injuries prior to the season and found suitable replacements. However, replacing linebacker Quentin Cotton, who suffered a knee injury, is going to be a different chore. Cotton was the leader of the defense both physically and emotionally.
3. Battle of the undefeateds: The Mountain West has four undefeated teams, but one will fall this weekend when Utah and Air Force match up. Three of the last five games have been decided by three points or fewer.
4. Speaking of Air Force: The Falcons were 0-for-7 passing against Houston last weekend for 0 yards. Although the Falcons are known for their running game, they'll need some diversity if they want to stay unbeaten.
5. Hold it Horned Frogs: TCU plays crosstown rival SMU this weekend and the undefeated Horned Frogs could get caught looking ahead to next weeks matchup against No. 2 Oklahoma if they're not careful.
6. Upset alert: Ohio State might be ripe for the picking when Troy rolls into the Horseshoe this weekend. The Trojans have played well this season and are known for giving the BCS teams all they can handle.
7. Glass Bowl gauntlet: Fresno State is on upset alert when it heads to Toledo this weekend. The Rockets have never lost to a Top 25 team in the Glass Bowl and the No. 25 Bulldogs are still smarting from their loss to Wisconsin.
8. Bringing down the BCS: Both Florida Atlantic and Central Florida have opportunities to be BCS busters, at least for the weekend, when they head to Minnesota and Boston College, respectively.
9. High with the highs: Notre Dame is 2-0 for the first time since 206, but can they maintain their winning ways on the road against a Michigan State team that has proven to be a formidable opponent?
10. Riding the Green Wave: Tulane has been close in its bid for a win this season and the Green Wave will have a good opportunity against Louisiana-Monroe. But don't sleep on the Warhawks, they did beat Alabama last year.