Big 12 links: McCoy honors team trophies rather than Heisman
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Six Big 12 teams made the Associated Press Top 25 poll and the USA Today coaches' poll Sunday.
Speaking of six, here's a late-afternoon snack of six links that will keep your stomach from growling too much before dinner. Enjoy them.
- Texas QB Colt McCoy never rubs the Heisman Trophy earned by Ricky Williams or Earl Campbell. But he does acknowledge the mystical presence of the Longhorns' national championship trophies, Austin American-Statesman columnist Kirk Bohls blogs.
- With six teams among the nation's top 25 after Sunday, the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton writes that the challenge will remain immense to stay there.
- Nebraska players are angry after squandering a chance at beating Virginia Tech because of uncharacteristic mistakes and penalties.
- Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News writes that the Big 12 is jam-packed with positives heading into conference play this weekend.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is proud but unaffected after his team cracked the top 25 for the first time in his coaching tenure.
- Even without DeMarcus Granger, Oklahoma's defensive line had a dominating performance against TCU.