Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
It's a beautiful day here in Wisconsin, and Camp Randall Stadium should be cranked up tonight, even without the Wisconsin marching band. Before settling in for an interesting three-pack of early games, here's a quick look around the Big Ten.
- A great piece by the Chicago Sun-Times' Herb Gould on Illinois wide receiver Arrelious Benn and his older brother, who is turning his life around after serving time in prison.
- Is Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis overrated? The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Doug Lesmerises and Bill Livingston debate the Buckeyes star.
- Running backs Javon Ringer and Shonn Greene carry the load for Michigan State and Iowa this season, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Ohio State's music mix at Thursday practices -- to prepare for Saturday crowd noise -- doesn't include any country tracks, much to the dismay of wideout Brian Hartline, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Minnesota's DeLeon Eskridge was born to run, and his mother had a tough time keeping up with him at an early age, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Penn State coach Joe Paterno could be in the press box again today with a sore leg, The Altoona Mirror's Cory Giger reports from Ross-Ade Stadium.
- Purdue enters a season-defining stretch and needs its defense to rise to the occasion, Tom Kubat writes in The Journal and Courier.
- Michigan would like quarterback Steven Threet to find his inner juice, as in Juice Williams, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Ohio State linebacker Marcus Freeman is proud of his heritage (African-American and Korean), but it wasn't always that way, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.