Pac-10 lunch links: Was this Mike Stoops' biggest win at Arizona?
October, 20, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
These links are for the Rays.
- Looking back at Arizona's win over California, it was all about attitude and a more aggressive defensive plan. Was it coach Mike Stoops' biggest win yet?
- Arizona State quarterback Rudy Carpenter returned to practice.
- Jeremiah Masoli remains the leader to quarterback Oregon at Arizona State.
- Georgia Schroeder wonders if it's time to use "Oregon State" and "Rose Bowl" in the same sentence. And is there an award for best brothers tandem in college football, because we've got your winner right here.
- Stanford's outstanding offensive line may take a hit with Chris Marinelli in a sling after the Cardinal's loss at UCLA, but the good news is the team has the week off. And, by the way, for such a smart group of guys, the Cardinal are playing stupid football.
- Say this about UCLA quarterback Kevin Craft: He keeps his coaches on edge and guessing.
- Guess what? USC coach Pete Carroll doesn't care about the BCS standings. Yet. And linebacker Rey Maualuga is starting to look like his old, dominating self again.
- Steve Kelley revisits Washington coach Tyrone Willingham's decision to burn a freshman receiver's redshirt year and finds it even more indefensible than before. Notre Dame caught a lot of heat for firing Willingham four years ago, but the school probably feels vindicated now.
- This notebook has plenty of depressing things for Washington State fans to read.