ACC's lunchtime links: Swinney's shot at losing the 'interim' tag
October, 22, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- Never mind the fact that he is 0-1 as a head coach. Clemson interim coach Dabo Swinney has earned the praise of athletic director Terry Don Phillips for the decisions he has made since taking over for Tommy Bowden. Regardless of who the Tigers' next head coach is, Phillips said he'd like to have the hire made within 10 days after the end of the regular season.
- Duke coach David Cutcliffe is a smart guy. Probably too smart to be a sports reporter. But thanks for cluing us in, Coach, on what's going on in the world -- besides football, of course.
- The NCAA has put a muzzle on any FSU officials from talking about their appearance before the Committee on Infractions, but athletic director Randy Spetman called the whole ordeal" pretty intense."
- Maryland left the Deacs pretty banged up, and kicker Sam Swank is one of a handful of players still questionable for Saturday. The Terps also took another hit in their secondary, and will be without Kevin Barnes this weekend.
- Virginia Tech's special teams? Not so special.