Pac-10 lunch links: Masoli is the man for Oregon
October, 27, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Getting linky with it.
- Enough about USC's defense... what about the job Arizona's defense did against the Trojans? But the physical game means it's a good week for a bye.
- Considering the two state of Arizona athletic programs: Things are changing. Which is the football school? Which is the basketball school? It's all very confusing.
- Headed to Oregon State, Arizona State is on the verge of its first six-game losing streak since 1929. Maybe a new punter will help.
- A three-TD win over UCLA didn't answer all California's questions with Oregon coming to town, and there are more injury issues on the offensive line.
- Jeremiah Masoli has earned the starting quarterback job for Oregon.
- Oregon State probably used its off-week to shore things up in the secondary, which was spotty against Washington.
- Good story on Stanford center Alex Fletcher, who's the leader of the Pac-10's most physical offensive line.
- UCLA needs a spark on offense: Is a quarterback change the answer? Maybe.
- USC needs a lot of things to go its way to get back into the BCS title game.
- No news out of the Washington football office as of yet but any remaining mystery about coach Tyrone Willingham's possible survival is gone.
- Washington State coach Paul Wulff has a plan.