Pac-10 lunch links: Rose Bowl scenarios
November, 10, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Writers start to paint rosy pictures....
- Considering some Rose Bowl scenarios.
- Arizona is going to a bowl game. Question is: Which one?
- Arizona State is hoping for a late run.
- Reviewing Cal's loss at USC -- it wasn't the officials' fault.
- Oregon receiver Drew Davis' season ends after his first career start, which means the mercurial but talented Jaison Williams returns to the starting lineup. Considering the pluses and minuses of Jeremiah Masoli at quarterback.
- It's time to take Oregon State's Rose Bowl chances seriously. That said: Who's the starting quarterback against California?
- Stubborn Stanford may want to pass at least a little bit more, even if running back Toby Gerhart is healthy for the USC visit.
- UCLA is looking for solutions, trying to stay motivated. And looking for some JC linemen. (This is the first story that I can remember that compares a football team to "watching bacteria spores germinate.") Bruins Nation is staying on the bandwagon, though.
- USC and the BCS standings... is there a chance? The crowded backfield is less crowded today with Broderick Green deciding to transfer. USC Blitz dreams of BCS scenarios.
- Washington shows a spark, but the home fans aren't watching.
- Washington State sees progress in 31-point loss to Arizona.