Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
ATLANTA, Ga. -- Talk about a bummer for a senior on senior night. It looks like defensive tackle Vance Walker's nagging ankle injury will keep him from starting on senior night, breaking a streak of 23 consecutive starts. Walker is dressed, but if he plays, it will only be because he guts it out. Senior Elris Anyaibe will make his first career start.
Between his ankle and quarterback Josh Nesbitt's, things do not look good for the Yellow Jackets, and the game hasn't even started yet. Here are a few other quick notes before kickoff:
- Either senior Jahi Word-Daniels or true freshman Rashaad Reid will start at cornerback. That's a game-time decision.
- Senior Andrew Smith will make his first career start at wide receiver in place of Correy Earls. He will also handle punt return duties.
- Late arriving crowds aren't uncommon here, but a six-car accident on I-85 might have something to do with this one.
- The temperature isn't unbearable. It's 48 degrees. I'm ok in my sweater, since I know you were all concerned.
- Miami's Laron Byrd will start in place of Travis Benjamin at wide receiver. Benjamin will play, only in certain situations, and he won't return kicks. Thearon Collier will handle that.