Pac-10 lunch links: USC should cheer for Oregon State
November, 21, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Links don't stink with a cold drink unless it's pink.
- Oregon State's visit to Arizona is a big game, but it doesn't appear Tucson thinks so. Is Arizona offensive coordinator Sonny Dykes a candidate for the New Mexico coaching job?
- It's all about the linebackers at California. And they should have their hands full with the Stanford offensive line. Considering the Bay Area bowl situation and the state of Pac-10 bowl prestige in general.
- What are the bowl options for Oregon and Oregon State?
- Getting to know Oregon State safety Al Afalava.
- No recruiting helicopter for UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel this weekend.
- A USC injury update. And the Trojans should be rooting for Oregon State so they don't have to play in another Rose Bowl. (I know it sounds weird). "We need to put that Pac-10-SEC stuff to bed," defensive end Kyle Moore said. "We need to shut it down now."
- The economy may hurt plans to renovate Husky Stadium. Is there potential on the Washington defensive line?
- Washington State receiver Brandon Gibson said he doesn't regret returning to school instead of entering the NFL draft.