Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
The college football season is over, but the links will never die.
- Penn State defensive line coach Larry Johnson faces an interesting decision, one that could bring Nittany Lion Nation a lot of anxiety, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times.
"Remove, in your minds, Larry Johnson from the last few years of the picture and watch the George Bailey-like ripple effect that absence would have had on the 2008 Nittany Lions.
- Johnson also played a key role in landing Penn State's 2009 class, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Chris "Beanie" Wells' departure to the NFL signals the start of a new phase for the Terrelle Pryor-led Ohio State offense, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Buckeyes special teams stud Shaun Lane returned home Thursday after spending three nights hospitalized with a pinched nerve sustained in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
- Guard Julian Vandervelde is the last remaining member of Iowa's rock-slid interior on the offensive line, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- The Capital Times' Mike Lucas wonders where P.J. Hill ranks among Wisconsin's top running backs.