Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- Tony Barnhart takes a look at the best and worst of the 2008 college football season, and makes a few predictions, too. Among them is Bobby Bowden's retirement.
- There's no question, though, the 79-year-old Bowden will be back, as will his defensive coordinator.
- Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt hasn't had any conversations with coach Randy Shannon about a contract extension, but Shannon has his "100 percent support." Nothing like putting that support in writing, eh? It's probably wise to wait another year.
- Gene DeFilippo's decision to fire coach Jeff Jagodzinski might not have the far-reaching impact some would like to see in college football, but it should at least guarantee the next head coach of the Eagles will be there at least three seasons.
- Boston College defensive coordinator Frank Spaziani is gaining more support each day to take over the program, and linebacker Mark Herzlich is leading the charge.