Big Ten lunch links: Ferentz expected to stay put
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
The links are on a diet today.
- Iowa broadcaster Gary Dolphin doesn't think head coach Kirk Ferentz is going anywhere, Clete Campbell writes in the Dubuque Telegraph Herald.
"I'm not saying some point someday, he won't say, 'OK, I've done everything I can do at Iowa. I'm going to go make the big bucks in the National Football League,'" Dolphin said. "But I don't think that day is on the horizon right now. I wish people would just forget about Kirk Ferentz's name being associated with every NFL topic."
- Tajh Boyd can't wait to get to college, and Ohio State would offer the quarterback an immediate spot on the depth chart, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Safety Dezmen Southward will join his high school teammate Conor O'Neill in the north as they suit up for Wisconsin, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- There's certainly some skepticism about Minnesota's decision to schedule USC, but head coach Tim Brewster believes in a more aggressive scheduling approach, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Prep running back Ronnie Wingo, who is considering Illinois among others, has postponed his college announcement because of bad weather in St. Louis, Jeremy Werner writes in The News-Gazette.