Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Saturday, wait. And Sunday always comes too late. But Friday, never hesitate ...
- Ohio State remains the leader for offensive lineman Marcus Hall, who is also considering Michigan and will announce his college choice Monday, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Despite the Buckeyes' recent push for more quarterbacks, backup Joe Bauserman plans to stay put, The Dispatch's Ken Gordon writes in his blog.
- Iowa wants to install FieldTurf at Kinnick Stadium, which will have its drainage system replaced, Brian Morelli writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Michigan State's recruiting push might push its class past Michigan's, Tom Markowski writes in The Detroit News. Then again, Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez has had time to recruit to his system, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
"The geography of this year's class shows the shift in approach. There are six players from Florida, more than any other state, two from Arizona, one from Oklahoma, one from Louisiana and another from New Jersey. These were states that were only hit on occasion by the previous staff."
- Santonio Holmes sometimes drew mixed reviews at Ohio State for his off-field issues, and his admission of dealing drugs as a kid likely will start the good guy-bad guy debate, Bob Hunter writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
"So is Holmes a good guy or a bad guy? People are clearly much more complex than that. But when I see Holmes' comments about he once 'found cocaine in my dump truck when I was a kid, which was the worst thing ever,' I instantly realize this is a man who had to escape situations and exorcise demons I never faced in my own stable family background.
'Either you go to sell drugs or you play football,' Holmes said this week, describing his neighborhood. 'You're going to do sports or you're going to be on the corner.'"
- There's a blogger battle being waged in Pennsylvania about former Penn State wide receiver Derrick Williams, whose dad is now involved, Todd Sponsler writes in the 50-yard Lion.
TOP 25 SCOREBOARD
Final 20 Duke 7 1 Florida State 45 Final 2 Ohio State 24 10 Michigan State 34 Final 5 Missouri 42 3 Auburn 59 Final 17 Oklahoma 33 6 Oklahoma State 24 Final 7 Stanford 38 11 Arizona State 14 Final 25 Texas 10 9 Baylor 30 Final 16 UCF 17 Southern Methodist 13 Final Utah State 17 23 Fresno State 24