Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
All right, admit it. How many of you out there thought that Chase Daniel was up on the Pittsburgh Steelers' victory stand for at least a moment -- or at least thought Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at least could have been Daniel's older brother.
Here are some links to get you through the malaise of the Monday after Super Bowl.
- Pro scouts are having difficulty evaluating Missouri tight end Chase Coffman's blocking skills because he played in a spread offense, the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly writes.
- Will Muschamp's anger at leaving Auburn before coming to Texas is parodied by the Birmingham News' Kevin Scrabinsky.
- Todd Reesing was named as Kansas' offensive player of the year and James Holt was selected as the Jayhawks' defensive player of the year at the team's annual awards dinner, the Lawrence Journal-Star's Dugan Arnett reports.
- Tom Witosky of the Des Moines Register reports that Iowa State could be responsible for up to $1.75 million in the costs of replacing former coach Gene Chizik with new coach Paul Rhoads and his staff. The money could be coming from an Iowa State reserve fund as Iowa Gov. Chet Culver has asked for educational cuts to help balance the state's budge as state revenue decreases.
- Colorado will be waiting until Wednesday on four high-profile recruits who will be making their decision on National Signing Day, B.G. Brooks of the Rocky Mountain News reports.
- The Houston Chronicle is ranking the greatest all-time Texas Longhorns in an interactive poll continuing through Sunday. Vote early and often.