Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
These links committed early.
- Joe Paterno's contract situation didn't impact recruiting nearly as much as the continuity on his coaching staff at Penn State, Jeff McLane writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
"Penn State is an anomaly in the transient world of coaching. Aside from the constant of Paterno, his staff has always been loyal -- sometimes at the expense of climbing the coaching ladder. The Lions have been able to paint a picture of stability for recruits looking for a home away from home.
'It can't be based just on facilities, past records and things like that,' Paterno said. 'I think [a recruit] has to have a comfort level with the kinds of people he's going to be with. I think the contract established the fact that Penn State is committed to a certain type of program, whether it's an old guy leading it or a young guy leading it.'"
- Justin Boren's brother Zach isn't among the top-rated recruits in Ohio State's 2009 class, but the linebacker hopes to follow other under-the-radar prospects like James Laurinaitis and Malcolm Jenkins to stardom in Columbus, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Illinois might have lost its pipeline to Washington, D.C., after Mike Locksley's departure, but head coach Ron Zook continues to get top talent from Florida, Hays Carlyon writes in the Florida Times-Union.
- Michigan will learn Wednesday whether it will add a second quarterback, Denard Robinson, to its 2009 class, Joe Vardon writes in The Toledo Blade.
- Purdue's recruiting class might not get high marks nationally, but Danny Hope has successfully upgraded the team's athleticism with 12 recruits from Florida, Mike Carmin writes in The Journal and Courier.
- One of the nation's largest athletic departments is tightening its belt and raising football ticket prices by $1 for next season, Mike Pramik writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
TOP 25 SCOREBOARD
Final 20 Duke 7 1 Florida State 45 Final 2 Ohio State 24 10 Michigan State 34 Final 5 Missouri 42 3 Auburn 59 Final 17 Oklahoma 33 6 Oklahoma State 24 Final 7 Stanford 38 11 Arizona State 14 Final 25 Texas 10 9 Baylor 30 Final 16 UCF 17 Southern Methodist 13 Final Utah State 17 23 Fresno State 24