Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
I've got Friday on my mind.
- The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Mike Hlas ranks the ultra-soft Big Ten nonconference schedules, with Illinois the best of the bunch and Penn State coming in last. Mmmm, cupcakes.
- Minnesota athletic director Joel Maturi made overtures to Mike Tomlin and Leslie Frazier for the school's head-coaching vacancy in 2007, though neither man was interested, William C. Rhoden writes in The New York Times.
- Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis has high hopes for his NFL combine performance, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Michigan State hopes to continue its recruiting momentum by bringing in a lot of top local prospects this weekend, Matt Dorsey writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Wisconsin tight ends coach Joe Rudolph is enhancing the team's recruiting in Ohio, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Penn State center A.Q. Shipley might not need to leave the state to play pro ball, Scott Brown writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.