Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Check back later Thursday morning for a feature on Alabama quarterback John Parker Wilson, and I hope to have a Q&A with Alabama coach Nick Saban sometime after the lunch hour. My next stop is Mississippi State, as I'm going to try and catch the end of practice in Starkville Thursday night and then spend part of Friday with Sylvester Croom and his Bulldogs.
Here's a twirl through a few other happenings in the league:
* Tommy Beecher suffered through a rough scrimmage, but South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is standing pat with his quarterback.
* Josh Davis is saddened that Trinton Sturdivant is out, but Davis is ready to do his part as Georgia continues its offensive line shuffle.
* Kentucky is looking to an old fullback, Maurice Grinter, to fill the void at tight end.
* Auburn is giving new meaning to the phrase "Fighting Tigers" this preseason. Tommy Tuberville downplays practice field fights.
* Alex Tejada has battled back from a May kneecap injury, and says he'll be ready to kick this season for the Razorbacks.
* Brandon Marcello of the Northwest Arkansas Times tells Hog fans to hold onto their seats and expect some record-breaking performances on offense this season.
* Gators' Markihe Anderson is pushing for a starting cornerback job after being haunted by knee problems a year ago.