Non-BCS links: Lawsuit might be a no-win for UCF
• Two attorneys told the Orlando Sentinel that if UCF chooses to fight the lawsuit brought against it by the family of the late Ereck Plancher, it could lose because of sympathy for the family and the media scrutiny the event already has received.
• Nevada, the first team to end spring practice, made strides during spring ball on both offense and defense.
• BYU begins spring football with hopes of putting the disappointments of 2008 behind them.
• Cleveland Plain Dealer reporter Elton Alexander has some questions for the new Mid-American Conference Commissioner -- whoever that might be.
• Louisiana-Lafayette is adjusting to life without assistant Brian Jenkins, who left the program last week to join Rutgers.
• Ethan Conley of the Monroe News-Star writes that Louisiana Tech coach Derek Dooley is about to enter his favorite time of the year -- spring football.