Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
- Nick Sheridan had impressed Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez before his leg injury, while young players like Vincent Smith and Martell Webb have stood out, Pete Bigelow writes in The Ann Arbor News.
- More on the Sheridan situation, plus tackle Stephen Schilling has moved from tackle to guard, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Minnesota has a bit more depth at quarterback, and freshman MarQueis Gray will see the field right away, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
"He's probably further ahead than I thought he would be," coach Tim Brewster said. "Obviously, you can see his talent. His talent jumps out at you, but what has impressed me is his ability to learn and pick things up. He has some real presence about him."
- With open concerns about his tackling, Wisconsin safety Shane Carter enters spring ball with something to prove, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio is going back to his home state (Ohio) for a recruiting target, Matt Dorsey writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Questions at quarterback and wide receiver follow Purdue entering spring ball, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Keep an eye on Illinois cornerback Patrick Nixon-Youman this spring, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.