Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Taking a quick spin around the Big Ten.
- Ohio State will install a new offense this spring, and Terrelle Pryor can't wait to be at the helm, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
The offense will undergo changes that couldn't be made at midseason last year, when [Jim] Tressel made Pryor the starter. But the Buckeyes apparently are looking at several options to upgrade this year's model.
That might include more use of the pistol formation, in which the quarterback lines up about 4 yards behind center with a tailback behind him. It also could include a version of the single-wing formation, in which the quarterback would line up about 7 yards behind center, but often would have a back crossing in front of him from a slot just before or just after the snap, creating options and confusion.
- Handling success is still a challenge for Ron Zook and Illinois, which opened spring practice Tuesday, Mark Tupper writes in The Herald & Review. Also, some good Day 1 notes from The News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen.
- Depth at safety remains a concern for Michigan this spring, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press. And get a glimpse of freshman quarterback Tate Forcier in Saturday's scrimmage here, Mark Snyder writes in the Free Press.
- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio likes what he sees from quarterbacks Kirk Cousins and Keith Nichol so far, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- In addition to being an aspiring blogger, Wisconsin center John Moffitt is ready for a larger role on the Badgers' offensive line, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Iowa hopes quarterback Ricky Stanzi can refine his game this spring, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Students shouldn't have trouble finding a seat at Minnesota's new TCF Bank Stadium this fall, and for a decent price, the Star Tribune's Kent Youngblood writes in his blog. Not surprisingly, Gophers head coach Tim Brewster loves Twitter, Marcus Fuller writes in the Pioneer Press.
TOP 25 SCOREBOARD
8:00 PM ET 20 Duke 1 Florida State 8:17 PM ET 2 Ohio State 10 Michigan State 4:00 PM ET 5 Missouri 3 Auburn 12:00 PM ET 17 Oklahoma 6 Oklahoma State 7:45 PM ET 7 Stanford 11 Arizona State 3:30 PM ET 25 Texas 9 Baylor 12:00 PM ET 16 UCF Southern Methodist 10:00 PM ET Utah State 23 Fresno State