Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Today's forecast in Chicago: Cloudy and Cutlery.
- Michigan freshman quarterback Tate Forcier likens his progress to where Nick Sheridan was at this time last year, Nicole Auerbach writes in the Detroit Free Press. Forcier also talks about working out last summer with Drew Brees, Ruth Lincoln writes in the Michigan Daily.
- Arguably the bigger freshman story this spring at Michigan is bite-size back Vincent Smith, John Heuser writes in The Ann Arbor News.
- Coach Danny Hope is shuffling Purdue's spring depth chart already, Mike Carmin writes in The Journal and Courier.
- Illinois recruit Tommie Hopkins is recovering well from a gunshot wound, his high school coach tells The News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen.
- It sounds less and less like Jim Tressel plans to make major changes at Ohio State, Todd Porter writes in the Canton Repository.
- I'll have more on Minnesota offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch's creative teaching techniques next week, but here's one he's using with quarterback Adam Weber, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.