Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross-country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.
- Injury issues aren't helping Arizona State rebuild its offensive line.
- Spring practice No. 9 was a kick for California, and it also had some hurry-up.
- Who is Oregon State's quarterback of the future? And this coach used to co-star in a popular soap opera.
- Missed this the other day: Stanford's No. 3 quarterback, Alex Loukas, a guy who'd see some action at receiver in 2009, is out six months with a torn ACL.
- Kevin Prince is the leading candidate to be UCLA's 2009 quarterback, but his shoulder is bothering him. How do the Bruins' running backs stack up?
- Is Mitch Mustain out of the USC quarterback race? His new coach says no. It might be a good sign for him that the practice plan will be less conservative during upcoming practices. It looks like Armond Armstead's move from defensive tackle to end is going to stick.
- Open it and they shall come: The energy at Washington's freshly opened practices is paying off in recruiting. And one gets a feeling linebacker E.J. Savannah won't be opening a chapter of the Tyrone Willingham Fan Club.
- Injuries are giving Washington State's Kevin Lopina a chance at quarterback.