Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Love dem links.
- Greg Paulus can join Michigan's team next fall, but he doesn't have a scholarship offer right now, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. Adding Paulus is a win-win for the Wolverines, John Heuser writes in The Ann Arbor News. A hint of desperation is beginning to show for Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd writes.
- Ashton Leggett is creating some separation in Michigan State's running back competition, the Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode writes in his blog. Also, jailed Spartans running back Glenn Winston remains on scholarship, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press.
"At some point in time as a running back you've got to be able to break tackles," head coach Mark Dantonio said. "Ashton has shown that."
- Iowa's heralded 2005 recruiting class has one final chance to shine this fall, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- It's taking time for Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski to adjust to the center position, Cory Giger writes in The Altoona Mirror. Nittany Lions' hoopster Jamelle Cornley might follow Paulus' lead into a football career, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- Wisconsin wideout Nick Toon and cornerback Aaron Henry had an intriguing head-to-head competition at Thursday's practice, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.