Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
- The Penn State-Pitt rivalry isn't worth saving, Bob Wechsler writes in The Express-Times.
- A fascinating story from the Des Moines Register's Randy Peterson about former Iowa assistant Bobby Elliott, who might have succeeded Hayden Fry as head coach if not for a blood disorder.
- The Columbus Dispatch's Bob Hunter wonders whether college coaches will abuse their Twittering powers.
- Some lawmakers want Minnesota to sell beer throughout TCF Bank Stadium, but the university wants to restrict alcohol sales to the premium seating sections, Jenna Ross writes in the Star Tribune.
- The Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein plays 18 holes with Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald.
- Three former Michigan State players riding their bikes to Mexico to raise money for an orphanage recently stopped off in Houston, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Former Iowa quarterback Drew Tate has a tryout with the Chiefs, while former Penn State defensive end Maurice Evans is hoping to earn a spot with the Giants.