Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
There aren't really many links to share today. It's mid-May, and it's a Monday, so there really isn't a whole lot going on. But here are a few things to chew on during your lunch break:
• By now, you've probably seen the story about Pitt wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin facing misdmeanor charges. He's scheduled to have a hearing on May 27. Of course, this is a potentially big problem for the Panthers, since Baldwin is the most naturally gifted receiver in the Big East and looks to be in line for a gigantic sophomore season.
Very few details have emerged yet about the case, which occurred on a campus shuttle bus. Baldwin was charged by campus police. It's too soon to have any idea what possible disciplinary measures Baldwin might face, but this offseason has been a little tumultuous for Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt. Another receiver, T.J. Porter, was arrested on his second DUI offense in February, and he and defensive tackle Tommie Duhart were suspended for the spring before leaving school.
• What do Baldwin, Jock Sanders and Scott Lutrus all have in common? Well, all three will make my Big East Top 30 players list, and all three have encountered legal troubles this offseason. Sanders is currently suspended following a DUI arrest. Lutrus was charged with interfering with police last month. College kids are going to make mistakes, but each player is important to his team this season and might need to exercise some better judgment.
• Big East coaches and administrators will be leaving at the end of this week for the league's annual meetings in Ponte Vedra, Fla. This is not just a football meeting. Men's and women's basketball coaches and athletic directors will also be discussing various issues (and with 16 teams in hoops, that will probably take a while). I'm sure that scheduling, the bowl lineup and the usual expansion rumors will be tossed around when the football coaches gather. I'm hoping to talk with incoming conference commissioner John Marinatto at some point before the meetings begin.
• There is one link to share. The Hartford Courant took a look at how much some of the Huskies' draft picks and free agents might stand to make in the NFL.
• ESPN.com has been rolling out spring wrap-ups for each league this month. Tomorrow will be Big East day. I'll have capsules on each team, a look at what we learned this spring, a feature on Rutgers receiver Tim Brown and a chat at 4 p.m. on all things Big East. So don't miss it.