Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
- Former Michigan quarterback Steven Threet likes Nick Sheridan's chances of winning the Wolverines' starting job this fall, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Pitt maintains its position of wanting an equal number of home games and road games should the series with Penn State start up again, Eric Thomas writes in The (Carlisle) Sentinel.
- Ohio State needs Chimdi Chekwa to become the next in a long line of shutdown cornerbacks, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Michigan State is a little behind last year's pace of early commitments in recruiting, but the Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode doesn't see any cause for alarm.
- Geography is no longer an issue for former Miami quarterback Robert Marve, who could end up at Purdue in the near future, Dave Curtis writes in The Sporting News.
- Some Illinois injury updates from head coach Ron Zook, as well as the news that quarterback Juice Williams recently got engaged (congrats to Juice), Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.