Big Ten helmet stickers: Week 8
October, 23, 2011
It's time to recognize the best and the brightest from Week 8 in the Big Ten.
- Iowa WR Marvin McNutt: The Hawkeyes senior set the school record for career touchdown passes, and it only seemed like he got all of them against Indiana in Iowa's 45-24 win. McNutt had three touchdown grabs in the first half alone and finished with six catches for 184 yards.
- Purdue DT Kawann Short: The Big Ten is filled with outstanding defensive tackles, but it's time we start talking about Short. The Boilers junior led an outstanding defensive effort in a 21-14 win against No. 23 Illinois, recording two sacks and 3.5 tackles for loss.
- Penn State RB Silas Redd: The Nittany Lions have a budding superstar in their backfield. Redd ran for 164 yards and a touchdown on just 18 carries against Northwestern in a 34-24 win. That was his fourth straight game of at least 126 yards.
- Penn State LB Gerald Hodges: The junior led the defensive charge as the Nittany Lions shut out Northwestern in the second half. Hodges had 14 tackles, 1.5 sacks and an interception he returned 63 yards to set up the lone touchdown after halftime.
- Michigan State QB Kirk Cousins: The senior has now beaten Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin in his past three games, and his best performance came against the No. 6 Badgers. Cousins completed 22 of 31 passes for 290 yards and three touchdowns, the last of which was a 44-yard Hail Mary for the 37-31 win that shook the Big Ten.
- Michigan State WR Keith Nichol: We normally only do five stickers, but we had to add a bonus one for Nichol. The former quarterback turned receiver had only one catch, but it was the biggest one in the 2011 Big Ten season. Nichol grabbed the carom on the Hail Mary and wrestled the ball just over the plane of the goal line.