- Ivan Maisel, ESPN Senior Writer
- 0 Shares
1. It turns out that Wisconsin has more problems than its offensive line. The Badgers are the only team in the FBS that has played three games without creating a turnover. This from a team that forced 26 last season and 23 in 2010, finishing both seasons in the top six in the nation in turnover margin. Revisionist view: Given all of Wisconsin’s issues, Bret Bielema deserves credit for the Badgers being 2-1. Are you buying that?
2. Clemson coach (and Alabama alum) Dabo Swinney, on what happens if the No. 10 Tigers lose their ACC opener to an Atlantic Division rival, No. 4 Florida State: “You still have to take care of your business. We all remember Alabama and LSU last year. It was a similar deal -- top-10 teams, it was a division game just like this was a division game, and LSU has to go into Tuscaloosa to win the game. But guess who won the national championship? You know why Alabama won it? They handled their business. ... They went back to work, took care of their business, and things happened for them.”
3. No FBS coach is more meat-and-potatoes than Kirk Ferentz of Iowa, which is why he’s in his 14th season there. Ferentz said Tuesday the program may suffer for his focus. Take Iowa’s $55 million practice facility. What took so long? “Probably should have been advocating for that longer, further back,” Ferentz said. “…(P)layers are impressed by facilities. They are impressed by uniform changes. If we wore a different uniform every week, I think that would probably enhance our image with some players. So things like that are things I'm not good at seeing. I need people to help me with that because I have a blind spot there.”
1. It turns out that Wisconsin has more problems than its offensive line. The Badgers are the only team in the FBS that has played three games without creating a turnover.