Posted by ESPN.com's Graham Watson
1. East Carolina: With two ranked wins under their belt, the schedule gets a little easier with Tulane and NC State in the next two weeks. It will be interesting if ECU can keep up the same level of enthusiasm.
2. Fresno State: The benefit of the bye week is that Fresno State gets to keep its power ranking. The Bulldogs will be tested this weekend against No. 10 Wisconsin.
3. BYU: Max Hall has this offense moving, but the defense is still a question. BYU should have handled Washington fairly easily and that's why the Cougars fall in the power rankings.
4. Tulsa: Quarterback David Johnson abused North Texas this week and solidified Tulsa once again as the team to beat in C-USA West. It should have no trouble with New Mexico this weekend.
5. Utah: The first half was pretty ugly, but the team rebounded to blow out a UNLV team that defeated the Utes a season ago. A game against Utah State this weekend shouldn't present a challenge.
7. Arkansas State: Quietly the Red Wolves are gaining momentum and looking more and more like a team that could challenge for the Sun Belt. Scoring 83 points on any team is pretty impressive.
8. Boise State: The Broncos benefited in the power rankings with a bye week, but the next two games against Bowling Green and Oregon should speak to whether Kellen Moore can lead this team back to prominence.
9. TCU: The Horned Frogs didn't play the toughest opponent in Stephen F. Austin, but it asserted itself in the win and now prepares to face a decent Stanford team.
10. Rice: The Owls are the only team in the country that can say that it is 2-0 in conference play. They beat SMU to start the season and a strong defensive play led them to a win over Memphis.