|ESPN.com: NCF Nation||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Good morning from the Sunshine State, where the Seminoles are confident they're going to win. (In addition to Christian Ponder, who high-fived me yesterday for my motivational o-line ranking, Preston Parker also made the declarative statement they're going to win this game).
The Seminoles know, though, that this is their first true test. There are so many veteran players on the Wake Forest defense that even a veteran can get overshadowed.
While there is plenty to write about here, don't forget about that other important divisional game.
Whomever wins the Virginia Tech-North Carolina game is going to come out looking like the early frontrunner of the Coastal Division. Don't forget about those Hurricanes, though. Randy Shannon has had his team working on turnovers this past week. The question on defense, though, is if Eric Moncur will play.
Georgia Tech got a key piece of its defense back, as Vance Walker is back from a head injury.
Speaking of getting hit ...
- The effects of Kevin Barnes' hit on Cal running back Jahvid Best are still resounding in College Park. Imagine how Best feels. Really. It's all over the Internet.
- Clemson receiver Tyler Grisham is now tied with Maryland quarterback Jordan Steffy at five concussions. Seriously. Not all bad news in Clemson, though. What was once a weakness for the Tigers is now a strength.
- Has Boston College mended its bruised ego?
- UVA has plenty to work on during its bye week.
- Duke has a bye week. And there is a story in the paper about their defensive line. Yes, things have changed in Durham.