Friday, November 6, 2009
Notre Dame links
Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
Here's some of what's being written about Notre Dame as the Irish approach their game against Navy on Saturday:
- The Notre Dame offensive line has made great progress this year, Brian Hamilton writes in the Chicago Tribune.
"It was a concern when I got here, because I know they were like -- for lack of a better term -- abused," Irish offensive line coach Frank Verducci said. "It was like they'd been locked in the closet."
- With Dayne Crist injured, Charlie Weis is happy that Evan Sharpley came back, Brian Hanley says in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Former starting offensive lineman Dan Wenger is back in the mix this week with the injury to Trevor Robinson, Al Lesar writes in the South Bend Tribune.
- The Irish defense thinks it's ready for the Navy triple-option, Tony Krausz writes in the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette.
- Despite all the drama on the field, the 2009 team has been remarkably drama-free outside the lines, John Walters writes for AOL Fanhouse.