Saturday, October 25, 2008
Big Ten Saturday: Kelly on call for Lions
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Some final hot links before the games begin.
- Think James Laurinaitis is scary on a football field? He could have been a monster on ice, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- If tonight's game comes down to a field goal, Penn State senior Kevin Kelly will be ready, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Doug Lesmerises thinks Penn State's offensive line, the Spread HD offense and good ol' fashioned karma will make the difference tonight.
- Michigan State has injected emotion into the Michigan game -- and made it a real rivalry again, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Wolverines are 2-6, but the Spartans might be the more desperate team today, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- It's been a frustrating season for Wisconsin All-American Travis Beckum, but the senior H-back doesn't regret returning to school, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Cory Liuget and his fellow freshman want to bring a national title to Illinois, and they're off to a good start, Bob Asmussen writes in The News-Gazette.
- Northwestern might have the league's least experienced offensive line, but the group has grown up fast this season, Lindsey Willhite writes in the Daily Herald.
- Wide receiver Eric Decker has been Mr. Reliable for Minnesota this season, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.