Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Pac-10 lunch links: Is Mike Riley jinxed?
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Apparently Arizona's invasion of Washington on Saturday is serious business -- see below.
- Rested and healthy, Arizona is taking Washington State seriously. Probably because recording a sixth win Saturday almost guarantees the program its first bowl berth since 1998.
- And Arizona State is... Taking Washington seriously, too. Probably because they want to avoid a school-record seventh consecutive defeat.
- Is this the Bay Area's biggest weekend of college football ever (even though California and Stanford are on the road)?
- Checking in with Oregon AD Pat Kilkenny about television, Ducks coach Mike Bellotti and whether Washington wants to talk to offensive coordinator Chip Kelly.
- Does Oregon State coach Mike Riley have a UCLA jinx? The latest on quarterback Lyle Moevao.
- UCLA is thinking bowl push, but it's still tinkering with its offensive line. Notebook also has item about a big recruiting commitment.
- Is this USC's best defense? Safety Kevin Ellison is trying to come back quickly from his knee injury.
- Will the easier portion of the schedule provide Washington its first victory?