|ESPN.com: NCF Nation||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- So, I couldn't get a hotel room in Iowa City, but this is pretty close. I drove through some freezing rain to get here, and I'm sure there will be flurries at some point this weekend. Good stuff.
I appreciate all your restaurant recommendations. Though I might wuss out and stay here tonight, I'll be sure to grab breakfast in Iowa City tomorrow.
Here's the current weather forecast for the four outdoor games featuring Big Ten teams.
Iowa City, Iowa -- High 39, Low 34, snow showers/wind
East Lansing, Mich. -- High 41, Low 36, showers
Evanston, Ill. -- High 40, Low 33, rain/snow showers/wind
Bloomington, Ind. -- High 48, Low 34, mostly cloudy
Finally, here are some Penn State-Iowa notes and nuggets from the fine people at ESPN's Stats and Information department.
Penn State -- QB Daryll Clark (concussion) is probable; DT Devon Still (ankle) is out.
Iowa -- G Andy Kuempel (muscle pull) is doubtful; OL Wes Aeschliman (hip) is out; S Harold Dalton (suspension) is out; TE Tony Moeaki (concussion) is questionable; OL Seth Olsen (ankle) is questionable.
BCS CONTENDERS: WEEK 11
With 3 games remaining, the Nittany Lions find themselves 3rd in the BCS Standings. Here's what it looks like for the top 5 teams.
Current BCS Standings
1. Alabama -- at LSU, vs. Miss St., vs Auburn., possible SEC Title game
2. Texas Tech -- vs. Oklahoma State., at Okla., vs. Baylor, possible Big 12 Title game
3. Penn State -- at Iowa, vs, Indiana, vs. Mich State.
4. Texas -- vs. Baylor, at Kansas, vs. Texas A&M, possible Big 12 Title game
5. Florida -- at Vanderbilt, vs. South Carolina, vs. Citadel, at Florida State, possible SEC Title game