|ESPN.com: NCF Nation||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
• Tony Pike will continue to start at quarterback even if Dustin Grutza is full healthy this week, Bill Koch writes in the Cincinnati Enquirer.
"The most important equation is who gives you the best chance to win at this time of the season," Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly said, "more than massaging anybody's hurt feelings.
"At the end of the day, we're going to play the guy who at this time of the season gives us the best chance to win."
• Defensive tackles Mick Williams and Rashaad Duncan are big keys to Pittsburgh's success, Paul Zeise writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
• Syracuse is considering playing two quarterbacks this weekend against UConn, Donnie Webb notes in the Syracuse Post-Standard. The combined numbers for Cam Dantley and Andrew Robinson last week versus Rutgers: 5-of-19 for 35 yards.
• The stirring comeback to force overtime was nice, but West Virginia showed some major deficiencies before that, Dave Hickman writes in the Charleston Gazette.
• Rutgers has won three in a row, but coach Greg Schiano is far from satisfied, Brendan Prunty writes in The Star-Ledger.