Monday, August 16, 2010
'Would you rather be ...' non-AQ style
By Andrea Adelson
We had a little fun with our 20 for 10 series today, posing the question: “Would you rather be …” Here are three non-AQ questions that made the list:
1. Gary Patterson or Chris Petersen?
2. Case Keenum or Kellen Moore?
3. Eastern Michigan or Western Kentucky?
Let’s have some more fun and make it a top 10 non-AQ list:
4. Pat Hill or Chris Ault? Two of the longest-tenured coaches in the WAC have plenty going for them this season. Who will emerge as the top dog when Boise State leads for the Mountain West? These two programs are the top contenders.
5. Conference USA or the WAC? The WAC has had its BCS buster; Conference USA has come close but is still waiting. But with Boise State on the way out, the WAC has a chance to go after a few more teams. Could they come calling C-USA?
6. Bernard Pierce or Chad Spann? Spann leads Northern Illinois on the ground; Pierce leads Temple on the ground. The two teams could play in the MAC championship game. If they do, it will be because of their fantastic running backs.
7. UCF or Memphis? The two schools have been at the heart of speculation concerning potential Big East expansion. Which school would you take?
8. Todd Dodge or Mario Cristobal? Both coaches need to win now, but the seat for Dodge at North Texas is probably pretty hot. He intimated as much last week, when he said he knew he had to win now.
9. Share BCS money with all the non-AQ conferences or keep it for yourself? The BCS money is currently shared, but wouldn’t it be tempting to keep it, considering Boise State, Utah and TCU have helped fill the buckets for everybody else?
10. Andy Dalton or Tank Carder? The essential question is this -- would you rather be the leader on offense or the leader on defense?